Search This Blog

Monday, April 5, 2010

Eye Issues

I have struggled with an eye (actually sight) problem for 6 weeks. I have seen an ophthalmologist who told me what I didn’t have but not what I do have. I was given exercises to do daily, which I have done for well over a month. The results? I AM CURED! Not really, just seeing if you were still paying attention. I haven’t made any progress what so ever. Am I a failure? NO! I failed to see results but that doesn’t mean I am a failure. Is the doctor a quack? Maybe, but that doesn’t solve my issue, does it? Are the exercises worthless? For me, yes.


So, I decided to have some fun with the issue..as best I could anyway. I went to a local disguise store and bought a pirate patch…ARGH, a pirate patch. I decided to put in on the eye I was having the issue with for as long as I could wear it.

Okay, first of all, those things are not comfortable! Can your eyes sweat? Mine did! I tried to put it on and the strap was pushing my other eyebrow down so far I couldn’t see much out of that eye either. That didn’t work out so well. So, I pulled the strap up on my head further and WHOOSH, there went the patch and band off the top of my head! Tried again and the band was so low on my head (so it wouldn’t snap off again) it was making my ears stick out.. not to mention my hair.

After four hours of playing around with this silly patch, I took it off and ….

My vision was better, I have indentions on my face, ears that stick out and sweat running from my eyes. There has to be a better way!

No comments: